New American Economy is seeking a New York City-based Communications Associate to assist in the strategy and execution of the our communication efforts. The Communications Associate will help distribute NAE content to the media and the organization’s supporters.NAE is proud to maintain a mission-focused culture of collaboration, openness, and positivity. These values guide our work, and our team dynamic.
- Aid in the development and implementation of a communications strategy for all NAE activities including, report releases, press statements, polling releases, digital campaigns, and the promotion of national and local events.
- Manage NAE Social Media presence; Brainstorm and execute social media strategy surrounding research, polling, and other communications releases.
- Draft press releases and email blasts for all NAE activities.
- Draft op-eds on behalf of local and national leaders in support of immigration reform.
- Draft general and report-specific “advocacy kits” with templates for op-eds, letters to the Editor, letters to Congress, etc.
- Generate national and local press for all NAE activities.
- Daily monitoring and compilation of press clips relevant to NAE’s efforts and the immigration debate.
- Develop and manage database of reporter contacts.
- Respond to outside engagement.
- Support the Communications Director.
- Support Executive and Managing Director, as needed.
- Aid with research, digital efforts, and event planning around the country, as needed.
- Demonstrably strong writing, copy-editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Comfortable pitching stories to national and local media outlets and reporters.
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- Strong social media skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.