New American Economy is seeking a Communications Director to drive the strategy and execution of our communication efforts. The Communications Director will oversee the distribution of NAE content to the media and our supporters, and will be the point person for all outward-facing material. Responsibilities and requirements are outlined below. NAE is proud to maintain a mission-focused culture of collaboration, openness, and positivity. These values guide our work, and our team dynamic.
- Develop, implement, and manage a communications strategy for all NAE activities including, but not limited to, report releases, ad releases, polling releases, digital campaigns, and national and local events.
- Write and distribute press releases and email blasts for all NAE activities.
- Develop strong, professional, and cordial relationships with reporters and legislative press offices and pitch stories and content regularly.
- Write op-eds on behalf of local and national leaders in support of immigration reform.
- Create general and report-specific “advocacy kits” with templates for op-eds, letters to the Editor, letters to Congress, etc.
- Generate national and local press for all NAE activities.
- Daily monitoring and compilation of press clips relevant to NAE’s efforts and the immigration debate.
- Develop, manage and leverage database of reporter contacts.
- Respond and seek outside engagement opportunities.
- Manage Communications staff.
- Support Deputy and Executive Director, as needed.
- Aid with digital efforts, and event planning around the country, as needed.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Experience pitching stories to national and local media outlets
- Strong media relationships, ideally in the fields of politics and policy
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- Ability to operate as both a practical and strategic thinker
- Management experience and a collaborative management style
- Good interpersonal and teamwork abilities
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.