New American Economy (NAE) is seeking a part-time, New York City-based Communications Fellow to support the strategy and execution of our communication efforts. The Communications Fellow will help develop and distribute NAE content to the media, partners, and supporters.
New American Economy is a bipartisan research and advocacy organization fighting for smart federal, state, and local immigration policies and working to change the way Americans think about immigration. NAE is proud to maintain a mission-focused culture of collaboration, openness, and positivity. These values guide our work and our team dynamic.
- Draft and distribute communications materials including press releases, statements, pitch letters, and email blasts.
- Assist in managing NAE’s social media presence; brainstorm and execute social media strategy surrounding research, polling, and other communications releases.
- Monitor and compile a daily roundup of NAE press clips.
- Prospect and develop relevant media lists and do outreach, as needed.
- Support Communications Team in generating national and local press for NAE activities.
- Demonstrably strong writing, copy-editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- Strong social media skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, as well as being comfortable with managing multiple projects at once.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly in a fast-paced, fast-growing, dynamic non-profit environment.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please note: This position is freelance, part-time (maximum commitment of 29 hours per week), and New York City-based. This position is not eligible for benefits.
NAE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.