New American Economy (NAE) is seeking a part-time Development Director to develop and execute a 2020 fundraising strategy among high net worth individuals, corporations, foundations, and other donors. New American Economy is a bipartisan research and advocacy organization fighting for smart federal, state, and local immigration policies and working to change the way Americans think about immigration. NAE is proud to maintain a mission-focused culture of collaboration, openness, and positivity. These values guide our work and our team dynamic. This person can be based anywhere, but the preferred base is New York City.
The ideal candidate is an experienced fundraiser, strategic thinker, creative problem-solver, strong communicator, effective multi-tasker, and skilled writer. The Development Director will be responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing all fundraising outreach, campaigns and events; cultivating relationships to build a network of engaged donors; and internally developing key infrastructure to support the organization’s ongoing fundraising efforts.
- Develop and implement an organization-wide fundraising plan for 2020. Set goals and pathways to success.
- Oversee and create strategies for all donor maintenance and engagement.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with prospective funders, including individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Manage all fundraising and donor-related events and execute all aspects of event planning.
- Contribute to NAE’s communications and outreach efforts, including; newsletters, fundraising emails, mid-year and end-of-year reports, all relevant fundraising materials i.e. proposals and overview docs, and ongoing messaging and branding.
- Work closely with all department heads to understand and assist their specific fundraising needs.
- Support the Executive Director and Managing Director as needed in all fundraising-related activities.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the development program, including:
o Creating organizational processes as necessary;
o Processing all gifts, including data entry, gift acknowledgement correspondence, and reporting requirements;
o Maintaining donor and prospect records;
o Maintaining an annual contract and grant calendar; and
o Drafting and submitting grant proposals and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree with, ideally, at least 5-7 years of development experience.
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Experience in donor cultivation, grant writing, contracts management, and special events.
- Substantial experience with database management and tracking systems.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and verbal communication, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, as well as being comfortable with managing multiple projects at once.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion when communicating with major donors, prospects, and partner organizations.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly in a fast-paced, fast-growing, dynamic non-profit environment.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are accepting applications now with the goal of having someone hired by January 2020.
NAE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.