New American Economy (NAE) is seeking a New York City-based paid Communications Intern to assist in creating, editing, and posting content for social media, email campaigns, blog, and more, as well as to help with media relations, pitching and other communications work.
NAE brings together more than 500 Republican, Democratic, and Independent mayors and business leaders united in making the case for streamlining, modernizing, and rationalizing our immigration system. We advocate for reform through a variety of digital and on-the-ground initiatives and through original research and policy reports. We engage our political leaders in Washington DC and across the country and we unite the diverse sectors that support reform, including tech, agriculture, business, faith, law enforcement, and education, and others, in order to show that the need for reform is urgent and the case is strong. NAE is a small team of motivated and committed individuals with diverse backgrounds in fields such as journalism, city government, economics, and immigration policy.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Assisting staff with implementing online, email, and social media strategic plans surrounding NAE content releases.
- Developing, new lists of journalists to engage and pitching NAE content to outlets across the country.
- Work independently and with a team to explore and implement creative digital strategies to increase traffic, subscribers, and action-rates.
- Developing one pagers, brochures, handouts, PowerPoint presentations or other materials.
- Online support of NAE’s events (live-tweeting, general support)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficiency at MS Office.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork abilities.
- Excellent social media skills.
- A self-starter and creative thinker
- Able to multi-task well and eager to work on a variety of projects.
- An interest in politics, policy, and immigration reform.
- Experience working with Cision, and WordPress.
Internship Assignment: 12 weeks
Applicants should be able to work from our New York City (midtown) office a few hours per week. Remote working hours are possible if needed.
Send resume and cover letter to Mark Benavides at email@example.com. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.