New American Economy (NAE) is seeking a New York City-based paid Research Intern to assist in quantitative and legislative research.
NAE brings together more than 500 Republican, Democratic, and Independent mayors and business leaders united in making the case for streamlining, modernizing, and rationalizing our immigration system. We advocate for reform through a variety of digital and on-the-ground initiatives and through original research and policy reports. We engage our political leaders in Washington DC and across the country and we unite the diverse sectors that support reform, including tech, agriculture, business, faith, law enforcement, and education, and others, in order to show that the need for reform is urgent and the case is strong. NAE is a small team of motivated and committed individuals with diverse backgrounds in fields such as journalism, city government, economics, and immigration policy.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Quantitative research for various projects including research reports, op-eds, speeches, talking points, policy memos, blog posts, and publicity materials.
- Conducting legislative research for policy reports–tracking and analyzing federal, state, and local immigration legislation, as well as political climates.
- Gathering, compiling, and organizing both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience with STATA, advanced Excel functions, and/or R preferred. Data analyst skills are also highly preferred, including, comprehensive literature reviews, searching appropriate datasets, cleaning data, running summary statistics, and analysis of data.
- Being up-to-date on immigration news and general U.S. politics is highly important. Willingness to take initiative, e.g. contacting researchers and seeking clarification about datasets a plus as well.
Internship Dates: Early September-Late December
Applicants must be able to work from the New York City office 20-35 hours per week, with at least two consecutive work days.
Send resume and cover letter to Mark Benavides at email@example.com. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.