New American Economy (NAE) is seeking a part-time, remote Web Development Fellow to assist NAE in continuing its work as one of the most prominent immigration research and advocacy organizations in the United States. To this end, the Web Development Fellow will work on multiple projects, focusing on:
- Maintenance and optimization of NAE’s existing digital and online assets, both external- and internal-facing;
- Leading, in concert with NAE’s Creative Director and Research Director among others, the conceptualization and development of new online content, including innovative websites and data interactives.
- Working with outside web design or web development vendors as necessary for especially large projects.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade NAE’s websites.
- Perform content / file management, site maintenance, database management, and record archival and retrieval.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures. Identify and respond to all website security breaches.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Improve the User Experience of the website regularly.
- Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards.
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices.
- Provide IT support for current and emerging technologies.
- Support the development of functional system requirements and specifications for new systems and technologies.
The ideal candidate is an organized and efficient multi-tasker. They should feel comfortable engaging in both creative and technical conversations about their work and new projects. Background or genuine interest in public policy or advocacy is a distinct advantage. Specific qualifications include:
- Experience using Git and Github for version control, cross-team collaboration, and code storage.
- Demonstrated eye for design and detail. Portfolios or examples of past work or projects are welcomed.
- Experience with data-intensive applications.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The following qualifications are not required but each will be considered a distinct advantage:
- Experience with Python and Django for web development is a major advantage.
- Experience with AWS, Snowflake, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Salesforce Einstein.
- Experience with standard web security practices and standard secure development techniques.
- Experience with D3.js and other data visualization libraries.
- Experience with SEO and ADA / usability compliance.
New American Economy is a bipartisan research and advocacy organization fighting for smart federal, state, and local immigration policies and working to change the way Americans think about immigration. NAE is proud to maintain a mission-focused culture of collaboration, openness, and positivity. These values guide our work and our team dynamic.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please note: This position is a part-time (maximum commitment of 29 hours per week) and remote. This position is not eligible for benefits.