New American Economy is seeking a full-time Operations Manager to be based in our office in New York City. We are looking for a multi-tasker and strategic thinker, with exceptional attention to detail and a provable record of successful operations management. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who is pursuing a career in operations, and non-profit administration. New American Economy is a bipartisan research and advocacy organization fighting for smart federal, state, and local immigration policies that help grow our economy and create jobs for all Americans.
- Legal and Financial Document Management – Work with the accounting and legal teams to:
- Review, approve, and process all invoices and other financial documents
- Oversee the contract process with vendors and conslutants, including drafting agreements, addenda, offer letters, and termination letters.
- Serve as the primary liaison to vendors and consultants regarding administrative issues.
- Hiring and Onboarding – Oversee the recruitment and onboarding process for most full- and part-time hires, as well as all internship positions.
- Operations Systems Management – Ideate and implement new operational systems to improve team efficiency and to improve processing times of payments to vendors.
- Oversee the NAE Internship Program – Manage and mentor the NAE interns, including providing weekly check-ins, handing out assignments, and coordinating with the rest of the NAE team to make sure that interns are meeting department needs and getting a good, well-rounded experience.
- Office Management – Manage the office’s supply needs. Assist with cleaning, courier, and employee hardware.
- Assisting the Executive and Managing Directors – Assist the NAE leadership team with scheduling and other tasks as needed.
Successful Candidates Should Have:
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to work well with different stakeholders, internally and externally
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced policy and research organization
- Strong relationship-building and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to shift between multiple projects and priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Bonus Qualification: 3 to 5 years of professional operations, management, or other relevant experience