New American Economy is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer in a consultant role. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who is pursuing an ongoing and remote position. This role entails the day-to-day graphic design of items like reports, infographics, fact sheets, digital presentations, social graphics, and occasional print production needs (posters, banners, booklets, etc). The role will also require some branding work and development of original campaign looks for projects such as Arts & Culture initiatives; data interactives; microsites; event collateral; and so on. Experience with infographics and data visualization is a strong plus. The ideal person for this role is a creative self-starter who can manage multiple projects under competing timelines while maintaining scrupulous attention to detail.
New American Economy is a bipartisan research and advocacy organization fighting for smart federal, state, and local immigration policies that help grow our economy and create jobs for all Americans. Please visit our website at https://www.newamericaneconomy.org/ to find out more about our work.
Terms of Reference:
- Contract Type: Consultant
- Expected Duration: 20-36 hours/week on an ongoing basis ; Start Date: ASAP
- Compensation: $65/hr but flexible depending on experience; not eligible for benefits
- Location: Remote, working on EST
Scope of Work:
The consultant will be responsible for:
- In-house graphic design, including reports, briefs, presentations, and social graphics
- In-house production needs on an occasional basis, usually during Holiday but sometimes for in-person events (postcards, greeting cards, branded swag, branded folders, etc.)
- Web design with some UX/UI work in partnership with Web Developer
- Art direction on data visualizations in partnership with Web Developer and Research team
- Ideation on events and external collaborations in partnership with Arts & Culture team
- Project management of their own workflow while juggling the requests of 4 different teams—Research, State & Local, Federal, and Arts & Culture (but the manager will be available to help with prioritization)
- Initiating additional insight and trend research on ways to generate new content or display existing content, as well as strategies for how to best disseminate to target audiences
Knowledge, Experience & Skill Requirements:
- High proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and presentation software (we currently use Powerpoint but can be flexible)
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Bonus for proficiency in motion graphics or UX/UI design
How to Apply: Submit a portfolio, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Please reference “Senior Graphic Designer” in the subject header. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.