New American Economy (NAE) is seeking a part-time, New York City-based Senior Policy Fellow for State & Local Initiatives to assist in research, communications, and project management of State & Local Initiatives.
The Senior Policy Fellow will work on multiple projects, focusing specifically on fostering relationships with the business community, including chambers of commerce, individual employers, and state-wide business coalitions, and connecting the State & Local network to federal advocacy campaigns in collaboration with the Research team, Communications team and Executive and Managing Directors. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, effective multi-tasker, detail-oriented, a strong writer, proactive, creative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced policy environment. This position is ideal for candidates currently pursuing a Master’s degree or recent Master’s graduates.
New American Economy is a bipartisan research and advocacy organization fighting for smart federal, state, and local immigration policies and working to change the way Americans think about immigration. The State & Local team works with a network of more than 85 communities and 20 states across the country to advocate for and support immigrant integration initiatives. You can learn more about what we do and where here.
NAE is proud to maintain a mission-focused culture of collaboration, openness, and positivity. These values guide our work and our team dynamic.
- Assisting the State & Local team in managing the Global Talent Chamber Network, including identifying opportunities for advocacy and engagement, creating opportunities for cross-collaboration, and communications and messaging guidance;
- Tracking and analyzing current and proposed policies, programs, and legislation at the state and local levels, with a focus on the impact for employers, entrepreneurs, and their workforce needs;
- Assisting the State & Local team in managing state business coalitions and campaigns, identifying opportunities to coordinate with government, business and non-profit partners;
- Tracking news clips and legislation related to employer and workforce policy;
- Coordinating between business partners and federal advocacy campaigns and efforts;
- Working with local partners to plan and execute events around the country;
- Working with the Director and Associate Director of State and Local Initiatives on individual projects and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Strong multi-tasking ability, with desire to work on a variety of projects at once, ranging from project management and operations to research and policy analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of relevant policy or private sector work experience.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please note: This position is a part-time (maximum commitment of 29 hours per week) and New York City-based, with the potential to develop into a full-time position. This position is not eligible for benefits.
NAE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.