Leading Entrepreneurs, Investors, Technologists, and Policy Experts Will Discuss the Critical Need for Immigration Reform in San Francisco and Across the Country
San Francisco, CA – FWD.us will join with New American Economy (NAE) to host an #iCodeImmigration event in San Francisco on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM (PDT). Leading entrepreneurs, investors, technologists, and policy experts will discuss why immigration reform is critical to the tech and start-up community in San Francisco and across the country. Through the #iCodeImmigration campaign, stopping in multiple cities across the U.S., entrepreneurs will share why immigration reform is critical to the tech and start-up communities, and urge Congress to accelerate immigration reform this year.
#iCodeImmigration is part of the #iAmImmigration campaign to engage sectors across the economy and push for reform this year. Learn more at icodeimmigration.org.
WHAT: #iCodeImmigration in San Francisco
- David Chavern, President, U.S. Chamber’s Center for Advanced Technology & Innovation (Opening Remarks)
- Ilya Fushman, Head of Product, Business & Mobile, Dropbox (Opening Remarks)
- Julie Samuels, Executive Director, Engine Advocacy (Moderator)
- Adrienne Pon, Executive Director, Office of Civic Engagement & Immigrant Affairs, City of San Francisco
- Alex Torrenegra, Entrepreneur & Investor, Founder of Bunny Inc. & Torrenegra Labs
- Alex Nigg, Partner, Morgenthaler Ventures – The Canvas Venture Fund
- Jerome Ternynck, CEO & Founder, SmartRecruiters
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
7:00 PM (PDT)
414 Brannan St.
San Francisco, CA 94107