Updated: May 2, 2017
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain personal information you knowingly choose to disclose to us, such as your name, email address or other contact information, zip code, as well as payment information. You may provide this information when you register with the Site, sign a petition, submit a video, make a contribution, send a message, contact us, or otherwise provide information to us. When you sign a petition on the Site or send a message on the Site, your personal information, including your email address, will automatically be added to our mailing list. We will not store the email addresses of recipients when you send a message to a friend through the Site. You may use most features of the Site without providing personal information, but you may have limited access to certain features and content.
We may use personal information we collect from your browser or device for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Respond to your requests or communicate with you;
- Process contributions;
- Provide updates, surveys, newsletters, and other content that may be of interest;
- Maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Site;
- Protect the Site’s security;
- Conduct statistical analysis, research, and other analysis about your use of the Site and our services;
- For any other purpose stated at the time of collection.
We may share personal information with third parties as follows::
- With your consent or as disclosed to you;
- With other like-minded organizations we think you might find interesting, including for their own use in contacting you (please see below for your choices regarding this sharing);
- With service providers, in connection with the services we provide, including to process contributions;
- With subsidiaries and other affiliates;
- As part of a sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a court order, subpoena, warrant, or when otherwise required by law, or in response to a government inquiry or request; and
- To protect our rights, property, and the rights or safety of third parties, including to protect the security and integrity of the Site.
We may share technical information, as well as any other information that has been de-identified or aggregated so that it does not identify you personally, without restriction.
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use reasonable safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to or acquisition of your personal information.
You can unsubscribe from the NAE mailing list at any time by following the instructions included within any email you receive from us.
If you would like to update the personal information that you have provided to us, you may contact us at email@example.com.
From time to time, NAE may share personal information with selected third parties so that they can provide you with information or offers that may interest you. If you would like to opt out of having your information shared in this way, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if we have already provided a third party with your personal information, and you no longer wish to be contacted by that organization, you must opt out with that organization directly using the instructions that they provide to you.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement. We will post these changes to our Privacy Statement by updating this page. We encourage you to check this site periodically to learn about the information we collect, use, and share.
Please contact us if you have questions about our Privacy Statement at email@example.com.