New American Economy is seeking a remote, paid Web Design and Front-End Development Intern to assist with updating content on our websites, collaborating on building new site features, and making front-end and back-end code updates when necessary.
Individuals who are self-starters, strong communicators, with an interest in web design and development.
We advocate for reform through a variety of digital and on-the-ground initiatives and through original research and policy reports. We engage our political leaders in Washington DC and across the country and we unite the diverse sectors that support reform, including tech, agriculture, business, faith, law enforcement, education, and others, in order to show that the need for reform is urgent and the case is strong.
NAE is a small team of motivated and committed individuals with diverse backgrounds in fields such as journalism, city government, economics, and immigration policy.
- Assisting in posting content like research reports, press releases, and stories on our WordPress sites
- Regularly updating our WordPress site plugins
- Creating and updating web pages, and incorporating front-end and back-end changes as needed
- Working closely with our lead web developer in developing new features on our sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of SEO best practices (image alt tags, keywords, etc)
- Experience with Wix and/or WordPress
- Experience with wireframing/design software (Adobe XD, Figma, or Sketch) is a plus.
- Experience with Git versioning, PHP, SCSS, or WordPress development is a huge plus.
INTERNSHIP DATES: September 2021 – November 2021. Applicants will be expected to work up to, but not more than, 29 hours per week.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.