We at New American Economy were so excited to have Nafy Flatley joining us Sunday, June 28, for a very special and exclusive demo on our Instagram Live!
Nafy is the founder of Teranga, a food and beverage company inspired by baobob and hospitality. Nafy is bringing Senegalese cuisine from her mother’s kitchen back in Senegal to the Bay Aarea, creating a community of healing, acceptance, and friendship through food.
Salatu Fulani Ingredients and Recipe:
- 1 pound of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 ounce of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
Cooking Preparation (Medium to High Heat)
- Chop the cauliflower in medium to small flowerettes
- Combine the turmeric, pepper, and salt (and fresh ginger if you like)
- Put the 1 ounce of olive oil in a pan, then add the chopped cauliflower and let it roast for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mixed spices and dry roast briefly for 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to high and add 1/4 cup of water to the cauliflower, then boil off the excess liquid for 3-4 minutes
- Serve! Eat it over rice, with a baguette, or as is.