We at New American Economy are so excited to have James Chang joining us Monday, April 20, for a very special and exclusive demo on our Instagram Live!
James is a captain at Waldo Thai, the pioneers of Thai Food in Kansas City. However, for today’s ingredient, James will be presenting a traditional Chinese dish of Mayo Fried Rice.
Mayo Fried Rice Ingredients and Recipe:
- Day old or cold cooked rice
- Mayo (Japanese preferable but Dukes will do)
- Diced onions
- Diced green onions
- Your choice of meat (hot dog, spam, taco meats, etc…)
- 2 beaten eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- MSG (optional)
- Mix mayo in the cold rice. Mix enough to ensure all the rice kernels are evenly coated
- Turn burner on high, set skilled burner until skillet starts to smoke
- Add a small splash of oil, then the onions, and then the rice mixture
- Cook until the mayo starts to caramelize and brown
- Add meat and continue to cook until golden in color
- Add salt, pepper, and if used, MSG, to taste
- Push the rice to one side, exposing a corner of the pan, add the eggs and stir until clumpy
- Mix and incorporate into the rice, add green onions, serve, and enjoy!