Yeyo’s El Alma De Mexico Special Recipe
Date: May 5, 2020
We at New American Economy are so excited to have Rafael Rios joining us Tuesday, May 5, for a very special and exclusive demo on our Instagram Live in celebration of Cinco De Mayo!
Rafael is the Executive Chef, Founder, and CEO of Yeyo’s El Alma De Mexico. Yeyo’s is named after Rafael’s father Hector, who had the nickname “Yeyo,” and Michoacán, the state in Mexico in which Rafael was raised. Michoacán is often referred to as the soul (or “alma” in Spanish) of Mexico.
Rafael founded Yeyo’s in 2012 and has been serving authentic Mexican cuisine in Arkansas ever since.
Elote Guacamole Ingredients and Recipe:
- 6 Avocados, Mexican Hass Large, just breaking ripeness
- 2 cups of Roma Tomatoes, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 a cup of Red Onions, diced into petite pieces
- 2 ounces of Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Serrano Pepper, diced into petite pieces (keep the veins and seeds)
- 1 cup of Roasted Sweet Corn Kernels (about 2 ears of corn)
- 2 ounces of Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons of Chopped Oregano
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt
- 2 ounces of Cotija Cheese grated
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced
- Split the avocados and place them into a large bowl
- Mash the avocados with a large potato masher
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (except the cotija cheese) and fold together with a rubber spatula, being careful not to mash the avocado too much
- Taste with a clean tasting spoon and adjust salt if needed
- Place guacamole in large bowl
- Sprinkle with cotija cheese and garnish with Radishes
- Serve with your favorite corn chips