We at New American Economy are so excited to have Amelie Kang joining us Tuesday, April 28, for a very special and exclusive demo on our Instagram Live!
Amelie opened the first location of MáLà Project in East Village at just 24-years-old, turning her love for original Chinese home cooking into an eatery serving New Yorkers. MáLà has since expanded to a second location and Amelie also launched Chubby Princess, a chic Chinese bistro.
Amelie has been awarded on Eater’s Young Guns 2018 alongside two other chef/owners in New York, as well as Forbes 30 Under 30 2020, and Eater New Guard of New York.
Dumplings Ingredients and Recipe:
- 1 lb Minced Pork
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 bunch of Chives
- 3 eggs scrambled, well done
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- Dumpling Skin
- Prepare Pork: Add water into pork, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing clockwise with chopsticks; continue to repeat adding water and mixing until the pork filling becomes thickened; then add sesame oil and peanut oil, mixing clockwise; then add salt; let it sit in the fridge
- Prepare Shrimp: Clean shrimp and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Prepare Chive: Mince the chives into small pieces; Add salt and sesame oil, mixing clockwise
- Mix the prepared chives, shrimp, and pork together
- Make the dumplings with the skin and filling
- Bring a pot of water to boil, lower the fire to simmer, and drop the dumplings gently in the water, stirring clockwise with a wooden spoon
- Stir constantly. When the dumplings float up, add a cup of cold water. When the water comes to boil, add a second cup of cold water. When it comes to boil again, take the dumplings out and layout on a plate.
- Enjoy with black vinegar!